Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Travel Wishes

The past few weeks I have been talking with a couple of my friends about my need to go on a trip.  While my weekends are pretty much booked through summer, I have been researching and discovering places that I really want to explore.

Asheville, NC-  The bloggers of Two Drifters currently reside in Asheville, North Carolina and seeing as I follow them on all social media outlets, let's just say I am envious.  I want to go explore small coffee shops, festivals and the fall in this quaint city in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Boston, MA- BEAN TOWN!  For as long as I can remember, I have been a fan of Boston... The history, the sports teams, the glory, the legends, the Big Green Monster.  Everything Boston is awesome with me so it is high time that I plan a trip, maybe even to see my beloved Red Sox play a game.

Austin, TX- With Austin's live music scene (not just country, but rock too) and many bars it is a perfect destination.  Barton Springs is a beautiful swimming hole I want to dive right into.

Memphis, TN-  Known for blues and barbecue, Memphis has been on my travel list for as long as I can remember.  When I was in Tennessee four years ago I was so bummed that none of my travel group wanted to make the trek to Memphis.  I have a hankering for good food, live music and a bit of Elvis history as well.

Kalispell, MT- This is what I would refer to as an upcoming town.  In the beauty of Montana's mountain ranges lies Kalispell which is also surrounded my several smaller towns,  Glacier is close as is Flathead Lake.  Several people have relocated in recent years creating a cultural and travel experience unlike anything else.

Steamboat Springs, CO- This smallish ski town in the heart of Colorado has been on my list for a couple of years.  In fact I convinced a friend who had recently moved to Colorado to go check it out and report back to me.  They reported back with "it was amazing".  This is definitely a ski bums paradise in the midst of winter.

Jackson, WY- On the outskirts of Yellowstone National Park lies this upcoming ski town turned urban paradise.  Jackson (aka Jackson Hole) is a ritzier ski area these days with million dollar homes and condos.  I am not sure I could afford to stay, but it is a desire!

Which would you pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment