Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween Link Up

2006-  Ahhh.. Halloween time is here and every year I am reminded of the Halloween bar party my besties and I somehow managed to pull off before we were legally old enough to drink.  (I have a few of these stories and I often wonder "How in f did we get away with that?!?!")
Somehow these three innocent faces were able to now only fool our parents, but security, cops and man-crushes alike.  Somehow the three of us managed to drink insane amounts of booze, lose each other (in a bar that was about 600 square feet and among approximately 40 people).

2007- There were no Halloween festivities.

2008- The year of  designated driver-ness.  I was dressed very classy as a 40's Cigar girl.  Complete with the flower in my hair.  This is the night that I met The Dude in the Band.  This was a year that I didn't really feel like dressing up, who am I kidding?  I never wanna dress up!  I was actually pretty happy I went out that night as I ran into people I hadn't seen in a couple years.


2009- The lady bug year.  I apparently have a thing for corsets and jeans when it comes to Halloween (please see 2006 photo).  I figure why wear a slutty bottoms when I could just wear jeans.  It actually works in my favor because I am comfortable, with exception to not being able to breathe due to the corset.  Anyways, this costume occurred because I had left my Mardi Gras mask at home with all of my beads and luckily someone had ladybug wings and antennas just lying around.  This Halloween was SO much fun, except when I fell face first off of a basrstool, that is NEVER fun!

2010 and 2011-  Halloween Grinch.  

2012-  The year of the Texas Pageant Queen, complete with cowboy boots and a crown.  It was one of the most fun Halloween's ever as I celebrated with a friend who had never celebrated before.  We had a rule of leaving the bar 11:30 pm to be home by midnight at the latest... We rolled in at about 2:00 am.  I was up bright and early for work and only had seasick tummy from fireball shots.

2013- I don't believe I will be celebrating this year.  I find Halloween sucks because when it falls on a weekday, I have to work the following day.  As for a pre-Halloween weekend party, I will be at a wedding this year so really there is no time to party down.  I just don't feel festive.  My mood could change, but I don't really see that happening.  I do appreciate Halloween and love the fun behind it, but I am sort of anti-social as of late and I don't see that changing in a week.  I think I will sit back and watch "Hocus Pocus" because let's face it that is the best Halloween movie of all time.  Oh and the Halloween scene from "Meet Me in St. Louis".







Venus Trapped in Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment