Friday, March 23, 2018

Going Keto


Well the time has come to admit that I am really going to commit to 30 days of Keto (at the very least).  If you haven't heard of the Keto way, here is a quick breakdown- You limit yourself to 25 grams of carbohydrates at most, up your fat intake, and maintain about 135 grams of protein.  Basically it is a high fat way of eating to put your body into Ketosis which makes your body produce ketones from the liver and help you burn fat and stored fat rather than the carbs you take in.  Don't worry, it doesn't seem all to difficult to figure out Ketosis, especially when you can buy strips to pee on to verify that you are in Ketosis.

The reason I chose Keto is because as much as I love Whole 30, I miss my cheese like a fat kid misses cake.  It is my one true dieting weakness.  Also, Whole 30 tells you to avoid counting calories, because everything "whole" is considered good.  For me in summer that is great, but right now it isn't so hot.   I am not sure that Keto is necessarily good for the rest of my life, but it is worth a shot, especially because I have struggled with weight my entire life.  I know calorie counting and exercise are the key to maintaining weight and living a healthy lifestyle, however, I have plateaued and all I can blame is age... Hahahaha.

I will miss tortilla chips and watermelon, but truthfully I don't eat either of those as often as my mind thinks I do.  I know it is going to be difficult and there may be days when I don't do as good as I plan to, but the thing that matters the most is that I keep going and remember there is a reason to my madness.

Anyone else doing Keto or have tips and tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment