Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Subconsciously Superficial

I have gone a few million dates and up until recently I never realized some of the superficial things I have done to seem like a better fit for the guy.


Heels Vs. Flats-  I am 5'7" and when I wear heels I tend to feel like a total and complete Amazon.  This is fine when I go out with a guy who is at least 6 feet tall, but not when the dude is 5'9".  I don't tend to set height restrictions, but let's be honest, it is weird to me to be taller or even around the same height.  When I date a guy around 5'9" I find myself trading in my daily wedges for flats.  This might not seem like a bad thing, but bye bye cowboy boots with any heel and bye bye cute summery wedges.  It is probably better for my back and knees, but not my confidence.


Alcohol Choices-  I tend to follow the lead of what my date orders to drink.  It makes me feel weird to order a beer if they are just drinking water.  Typically I opt for a Bud Light over anything else, because it is easy to order, most restaurants or bars carry it and the guy will most likely remember this if there is a future date.  Yes, this is a test of sorts.  When I dated a guy a few years back, he knew I was a Bud Light or Budweiser girl.  He also knew the garnishes I drank with my beer.  While I didn't make it easy on him with the garnishes, a beer brand was easier than remembering that I prefer a vodka soda with a lime wedge and two green olives.


Comedies Vs. Action Films-  Let me first start by saying, I hate movie dates.  Each movie date I have gone on has had awkward moments, mostly with me falling asleep.  I can't help it, by the time Friday nights roll around I am exhausted and a dark movie theater is just the place to catch up on sleep.  That being said, if I have to go on a movie date, I prefer comedies, but I will settle for an action movie, because most men see comedies (not including Will Farrell) as chick flicks.  Action movies are never really high on my priority list, because well, movies are not high on my priority list.


I am sure there are other things I do subconsciously, but I haven't caught them just yet.  What do you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment