Friday, January 20, 2017

Whatcha Reading?

For as long as I can remember I have always loved books.  They inform you, teach you, take you to far away places and enrich your life as well as your vocabulary.  In the last few years I have failed miserably to really sit down read a book and retain the information I have read.  Maybe I threw in the towel on retention, because there are so many other things I have to retain from work and life in general?  Whether that is the reason or not, there is no excuse, especially when I can review the books I read here on my blog.

I tend to read romances because you can literally walk away for a year and come back and pick up where you left off.   Poetry and classics are two things I love to skim for thought provoking quotes.  Thrillers and mysteries (and I am finding biographies and non-fiction as well) I need the actual book in my hand.  I like to make notes, fold pages , etc.  Perhaps once I get my bookshelves up I will go back to purchasing books, because I really just miss them.  

As for favorite authors, I have favorite poets and authors of the classics, but I don't have any current day favorites so I am looking for recommendations, any and all of them.  Please share what you are reading and I will love you forever!

Or better yet, let's link up on GoodReads.


I currently have these on my list-





Have you read any of them?

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment