Tuesday, June 21, 2016

River Weekend Recap

This past weekend flew by (don't they all?) in a whirlwind of lakes days, Bud Lights, intense sun, and Brad Paisley.  Honestly, I can't think of a better way to spend a weekend, unless of course it was a day or two longer with more sleep.  For whatever reason, the past two months I have been awake every Saturday and Sunday between 5 am and 6 am, I want to kill the sunshine and this weekend was no exception.

Friday my niece graduated from preschool.  I have to admit I got a little teary eyed knowing she is growing up so fast,  I love her life goals, I mean who wouldn't want to be a mermaid rich with jewelry, money and make up.  Serious, #lifegoals right there.


We also headed out to Laughlin early and it was nice to walk right up to check in and go to my air conditioned room.  If there is one thing I love, it is air conditioned hotel rooms.  I picked up some pecan pie whisky which was reminiscent of my Canadian maple whisky that grew legs and wandered off when I got home from Canada (still pissed aboot that one).

Saturday was a lake day, bright and early.  When I say early, I mean we were on the lake by 8:30 am and drinking beer around 9 am.  It was a great day on the lake followed by Brad Paisley.  Brad informed the concert goers it was the hottest (temperature wise) show they had ever played and the band tried to back out.  He puts on an amazing show and everyone should go see him.  It was over 100 degrees and humid and he still played for close to two hours!




Sunday was another bright and early day for me which was not pleasing considering I was in bed around 2 am.  It was hot and the sun was intense but we still made it and I was home and in bed by 11 pm Sunday night.

Weekend warrior?  I think I can still hang!


No comments:

Post a Comment