Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Meatless Mondays

For awhile now I have been hearing about "Meatless Mondays" and I honestly just though it was vegetarians trying to get more people to see how delicious veggies can be by giving meat up for an entire day.  In my brain, one day could turn into two which could then turn into all days, make sense?  Anyways, I have contemplated going meatless on Mondays and I decided yesterday would be my start date.

I won't lie to you, there wasn't a ton of research put in to my decision.  I did find the Meatless Mondays website which actually educates a person on the movement, but also supplies several delicious vegetarian and vegan recipes.   While I agree the world needs change, my decision to go meatless on Mondays was more of a health conscious decision than a green decision.

Yesterday wasn't too bad.  I honestly didn't really miss the meat or chicken I would have normally consumed.  I didn't feel hungry or cranky because of the protein I was missing and when you look at my meals, was I really missing any protein?

Breakfast - a protein shake and coffee.
Snack- 1/2 cup trail mix.
Lunch- veggie omelet, country potatoes and toast.
Dinner- 1/2 spaghetti squash with marinara sauce and feta crumbles.

For day one it wasn't too bad and hopefully I continue on this track.  Anything I can do better for myself and the environment is a plus in my book.

Have you tried Meatless Mondays?  Did you survive?


No comments:

Post a Comment