Friday, March 4, 2016

A New Decade Is Coming....

Every once in a while it hits me that I am entering a new decade of my life this summer.  A new chapter with blank pages for me to scroll memories upon and that excites me.  On the other hand, it makes me look back and wonder where did the time go?  Wasn't I just 21 last week?  How did the years fly by so fast and how did my life change drastically while all the while, seemingly stay the same?

Over the course of blogging, I had a list of 30 things to do before I turned 30 and somehow in the mix of life and living it, I realized the list wasn't all that awesome.  It felt superficial and fake as if it was pulled from the depths of some self help book on how to cope with turning 30.  Truth be known, I am excited... I have always wanted to be 30.  Very eccentric and I should embrace that eccentricity, right?

To me, 30 opens a whole new world.  No longer considered a girl, but maybe a lady and finally a woman?  I know it is over the top, but it seems there is a certain responsibility that is supposed to come when a woman hits 30, at least to me there is.  It is like I should all of sudden have signature meals, cocktails, fashion pieces, real diamonds, the basics of party planning, the courtesy and follow through with plans... Basically just getting my shit together.

How do I do it?

Am I doing it right?
 
If I am not, am I having a 1/3 life crisis?

Is a 1/3 life crisis a thing?

Thoughts and panic overwhelm me, but I don't want to be overwhelmed.  I want to greet 30 with arms open and a smiling face and that is what I intend to do these next few months.



No comments:

Post a Comment