Thursday, March 10, 2016

Crazy Week

This week has been nuts!

Monday I had to report for jury duty.  Which meant getting up earlier than normal and driving all the way down the mountain into the city... Ok it is really only a 20 minute drive, but when you add in fog, heavy rain, and moronic drivers it takes FOREVER!  I reported for jury duty and my group of course was selected to be in a jury pool... I don't want to give too much away because I have a totally different post about jury duty coming up.  So let's just say I had to report back on Tuesday and I was not pleased.

I ended up having to go to Pep Boys to get new shoes on the Jeep and let me just say this- I fucking hate auto shops.  There is no reason on Earth why the men in these auto shops should treat me like I am stupid just because I am a woman.  I actually ended up having to rip the manager a new one and threaten to go to a different store all because he was a chauvinistic prick.  It really bothers me when men assume they are smarter and know more about my car than I do.  Hey, look here, I have had my car for 9 years and I am the only owner which means I know how it runs, I know the tire size and the last time I got the oil changed.  I might not be the best at maintenance, but I do take good care of my car and I don't need to be raked through coals because some asshole thinks I don't know my own ass from a hole in the ground.  (Rant over).

Tuesday was more jury duty and when I called my boss around 4 pm, she kindly reminded me I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday morning.  Which meant three full days driving into San Bernardino.. Oh the fun it was.  That was sarcasm if you couldn't tell.  I actually really liked my new doctor and I hope she stays with my medical group longer than any of my other doctors have.  The only thing I hated was when I was questioned and treated like a child over my last pap.  Um... So awkward!  Finally they found the records and unfortunately it was time for another one.  It is the most uncomfortable thing, but I figure at least I don't have to go for 3 years, right?

I woke up this morning thinking it was Friday and sadly it is only Thursday.  Hope I make it through today!


No comments:

Post a Comment