Monday, January 25, 2016

Road Trip Snacks

In about a month I will be hitting the road to head to Utah for some snowboarding, snowmobiling and in general the beauty of a winter wonderland.  With Brianhead, Utah about 6 and half hours away it is clearly cheaper to split gas three ways than for each of us to book a flight.  Now I am no stranger to being on the road, but I am a stranger to driving to Brianhead where there are only about two bars and a handful of restaurants so obviously we are in need of snacks for our trip.  I do have the Snack Queen coming along so I don't have to worry too much.  When we went to Canada the Snack Queen supplied us with the best snacks so it will be difficult to compete with her, but alas I have a list of what I think is required.


- Beef Jerky- who on this beautiful planet can go on any type of trip without the glorious deliciousness of beef jerky?  Seriously, I take it EVERYWHERE.  Planes, trains, boats, and cars.  It is an essential for me.

- Energy Drinks- I know these are bad, but sometimes you need that added pump in your life.  I prefer the fully sugar loaded Rockstar Lime, but I settle for Monster's zero carb version.  Truthfully, I can't drink more than one of these without feeling like I may die.

- Granola bars- I like having granola bars, because sometimes SO Much candy makes me feel like I may go into a diabetic coma.  Of course I get the most likely bad for you  ones with the mini chocolate chips.

- Chips- Salty and crunchy snacks are a  must.  I love pringles the most and the canister fits in a cup holder perfectly.


- Coffee- I love, love, love my coffee so it is obvious that I need this to live on a trip.  I would actually take coffee over an energy drink.

- Water- because hydration, hydration, hydration!  Especially when travelling into harsh climates.

- Candy- it is candy so naturally this is a must.

All I know is that I am excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment