Monday, December 7, 2015

Not A City Girl

This past week I spent quite a bit of time down in the "city" areas near my mountain town and it was very easy for me to come to the conclusion that I will never, ever be a city girl.  There is no appeal to it, especially as I get older.

Cities overwhelm me.

Traffic overwhelms me.

Concrete buildings.

The smog.

The crowds.

The "cool" scene.

These are things that I could never imagine having to deal with all the time.  I respect those who thrive off of the insanity that a city life brings.  For me, anxiety swells in my heart and gnawing sensation takes over my gut and I just know I don't belong.

I enjoy the quiet.

The fresh mountain air.

Having a view without a massive concrete structure in my way.

My small town vibe, even if I feel it is still too big at times.

I thrive here.  I love here and I could not imagine being anywhere but in a small town.  I can't say that I always love my small town, but it definitely is a better fit for me.  When I think about other places I would love to live they are all small town areas with houses a ways away from town.

Maybe that makes a country girl more than a small town girl?  I am not quite sure, but anywhere small I end up better have Amazon Prime shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment