Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 In Review

I cannot believe we are at the end of 2015.

Things happened this year, some good, some weird, some hilarious and some were things I never expected.

I like to think I grow in each passing year.  Maybe I do, even if is just a little bit.

I made friends, especially with some really amazing bloggers from Canada and Germany to one right here in my hometown.  Although we don't talk every day, well Jen and I do, I know these ladies are some of the best internet/ real life friends I will ever make.

While talking about friendships, I found myself at a crossroads this year.  Sometimes you have to learn to distance yourself from people who just don't understand the responsibilities you have and sometimes you have to suck it up and be there for someone.  It is ok to grow apart from people, especially those who only used you to serve their purpose and were never around and left you to fend for yourself.   This past year found me reconnecting with old friends, ones that I never thought would reappear in my life, and I am very grateful they did.



I didn't travel more than a few Vegas trips here and there with LOTS of river trips thrown in for good measure.  I had fun taking the year easy, but let me tell you this, 2016 had better watch out because I have a passport renewal ready to mail in!

Love didn't pound down my door, but I did learn more about me this year in what I like and dislike, what are complete deal breakers and that sometimes if the pace isn't the same for both of you, it is ok to break it off.

Yes, this past year was a good year and I am really looking forward to the start of 2016.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment