Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Travel- My Only Certainty

If you have been around here a time or two, one thing is for certain, I love to travel.  I love every aspect of traveling.  Airports, cars, truck stops, even TSA security.  Why?  Because it means I am going somewhere new.

Not just new, but somewhere I can leave a piece of my heart and always reminisce on going back to.  Places that will end up holding memories for a lifetime.  I truly believe in the growth of a person through travel.


In fact, that is the only certainty I have in life.

I can't say I will get married, can't say that I will have kids, have the white picket fence, eventually (maybe) I will get a dog, I don't know that I will always live where I live, or blog, or work where I work.

I do know that I will always, always travel.  That is my constant.  I crave the beauty and mystery of new places.  I love learning the history and meeting locals.  Travel pushes me outside of my comfort zone and I love it.  Yes I have anxiety prior to getting on that plane or walking into that tavern, but I would kick myself if I didn't at least try.

Travel is my passion, it awakens and rejuvenates me and I can't think of a better thing than a picture in front of the Canadian Rockies or a stamp in passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment