Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Halloween Movie List

Movies, I think we can all agree, take us to different worlds, make us fall in love with different characters and are generally a great way to get away from the day to day lives we lead.  For as long as I can remember I have been in love with the world of cinema.  From the classics like "Gone with the Wind" to the action packed "Die Hard" movies, Disney is thrown in as is romance, tragedy and psychological thrillers.

I think we can all agree, nothing beats a classic Hitchcock film and nothing has come close ever since.  With Halloween just around the corner, here are my must watch flicks for a spooktacular October.

"Gaslight"- The perfect psychological thriller asking the question of whether or not Bergman's character is going crazy or if her husband (played by Boyer) is driving her mad...

"Rebecca"- Hotchcock's American debut with Joan Fontaine and Sir Lawrence Olivier is absolutely magical in the world of thrillers.  One of my favorite lines is "Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again..."

"Hocus Pocus"-  Bette Midler absolutely kills it as Winifred Sanderson.  Cameos by Penny and Gary Marshall are to die for (haha, get it?).  It simply isn't Halloween without this amazing film.
 via

"The Uninvited"- The smell of Mimosa perfume and bumps int he night... Is the ghost really protecting or trying to harm?  A wonderful film with an uplifting and heartwarming ending for a ghost story.

You can all thank me later for these amazing recommendations.  Keep in mind, the classics were WAY before special effects froma  computer system but they are quite amazing nonetheless.   



No comments:

Post a Comment