Monday, July 6, 2015

I Can't Adult Today

I can't adult today...

I just can't... Like really can't.

There is something about holiday weekends that wipe me out, no matter what is on my agenda.  My sleeping schedule gets all whacked out, my food choices decline along with my alcohol consumption rising.

It's just hard to hold on to your youth and exuberance when you know work is lurking around the corner waiting to berate you for tying (a lot of) one(s) on.  You start blending margaritas Thursday night and before you know it, your alarm is blaring telling you it is Monday and to get up.  It's just too hard to be an adult and get out of bed and get ready for work following a three day weekend without temper tantrum throwing and whining... To myself.  Thank god I live alone, because I am pretty sure this morning anyone living here would have packed their shit and left.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 4th of July, it is my favorite holiday after all, but this year I definitely should have taken Monday off.  It isn't even like I went balls to the wall crazy.  No broken ankles, no actual hangovers...  Literally in bed by 10 on Saturday and Sunday so there is no excuse for the anti adulting views I have today, other than the weather is gorgeous, the tourists are vacating as the holiday is over and I just  really want to be in a boat working on my tan.

That is my temper tantrum for the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment