It is my birthday! Yahooooo!!!!
I love celebrating birthday, it is better than just getting warm wishes and gifts... It is about celebrating another year of good health and good life.
I have often thought about the last year in my 20's, and while I don't intend to go balls to the walls crazy celebrating, I have decided to celebrate what I have learned and found to be true.
1. Know a good wine, whether it be white or red.
2. Learn self sufficient skills that you can take everywhere you go.
3. Say :"yes" to more things, let go of the doubts.
4. Travel, anywhere and everywhere.
5. Say "thank you" and be sure to send "thank you" cards.
6. Learn the true value of money.
7. Buy and read actual books... Relish in the simplicity of the complexity of writing.
8. Take interest in life and love.
9. Make time for friends and family.
10. Learn to cook a signature meal.
11. Have a hobby or craft you can fall back on.
12. Know how to change a tire.
13. Create a signature cocktail.
14. Have a favorite vacation destination.
15. Invest in signature pieces for your wardrobe and life.
16. Remember to have fun and laugh with joy. Life isn't supposed to be serious all of the time.
17. Journal, especially in times of joy and sorrow.
18. Exercise 3 times a week.
19. Know the value of a good cry and a good laugh.
20. Find a signature perfume and love it.
21. Have a life motto- "Life's a banquet and most poor sons of bitches are starving to death."
22. Go ahead, eat the ice cream or the cake.
23. Don't let the fear of failure stop you from trying.
24. Attend a concert of some sort once a year... It is amazing how live music moves your soul.
25. Have a go to beer. One that is simple and most places carry.
26. Forgive the past so you can embrace your present and look forward to your future.
27. Accept your imperfections- we all have to work with what we are given.
28. Make a bucket list for everything- life, school, reading, loving.
29. Take a chance. You may not be rewarded, but you might be.