Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Summer Essentials

Since the weather finally seems to be warming up and boat days are ahead, I though I would share a few items I cannot, will not, refuse to live without when it's 100 out and I am practically melting.



ChapStick Classic Strawberry- I don't know if it is nostalgia for all summers gone, but there is something so rewarding about ChapStick Classic Strawberry come the summer months.  The SPF 4 is an added bonus that keeps my lips hydrated an, soft and smooth.  I have tried many different lip balms, but I always come back to ChapStick brand!



O'Keefe's Foot Cream- For years I was an avid pedicure goer and I always figured my dry cracked heels were because I didn't moisturize enough.  I have recently found that not getting a pedicure monthly (those soaking tubes really dry you out) and applying O'Keefe's a few nights a week has cured my dry and cracked heel problem.  This is a MUST for sandal season, but I use it all year long.


Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch SPF 30 Sunscreen- Sunscreen is so important and although I like a good tan, I also need a good sturdy sunscreen out on the boat.  Sheer touch is exactly that, sheer feeling and refreshing for your skin in the dry heat.  The aerosol spray allows me to get those hard to reach places and gives you great sun protection.



American Flag Baseball Hat-  I am a huge fan of baseball hats when it comes to days out on the water or out in my Jeep when the roof is off.  I always get the adjustable ones with the "pony tail" opening because it makes life with long hair easier.  I found this beauty at Target and immediately started day dreaming about the 4th of July and I knew I had to have it!


St Tropez Starter Kit- As I have said many times, I am happiest when I have a tan and St Tropez sunless tanner is my miracle worker.  I found this amazing kit at Ulta and I knew I immediately had to have it.  It is the perfect size for travel and comes with application mitt that you wash and can reuse over and over again.  It leaves me with the perfect sun-kissed summer glow.

After this past weekend, I will definitely be keeping a baseball hat and the spray sunscreen in the Jeep as I hate being lobster red!

No comments:

Post a Comment