Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Third Thursday Travel- Big Bear

It's that time for the Third Thursday Travel link up.

Some of the best traveling you can do is adventures to towns close by.  Living in Southern California my opportunities are endless, but one place I never tire of is Big Bear. 


Last year I spent my birthday in Big Bear on a girls trip and it was such a fun time so much so that I went back multiple times.  I had been there a couple times before, but this time I was able to actually experience the night life and some of the craziness that is a small ski town.


We were damn lucky to find a hotel with a pool area which made for the perfect afternoon of semi swimming, drinking and catching some rays.  Yes I know tanning is bad,  but I fear I may be addicted to the sun, but that is another post for another day.


I found a new favorite bar in Murray's Saloon.  They have nightly karaoke, in which I was some how roped into signing, a great menu (bacon wrapped jalapeno shrimp are the things this girl dreams of) and memories you won't forget... Unless you drink too much fireball like I did!  I mean who doesn't like walking into a random bar, drinking out of a pitcher and being BFFs with everyone at last call?


I can't tell you how much fun it is to get "away" and still be so close to home.  It is another world there, but not one that makes me feel weirdly uncomfortable like city and scene bars do.  What can I say, I am a mountain girl at heart.



Kristie's Blue Jeans












No comments:

Post a Comment