Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Stuck In A Rut

I hate when I feel "stuck" and that is how I have been feeling lately.  Not down in the dumps or eager for anything... I just feel blah about pretty much everything.

It's not like I don't do things, I mean hello, I am pretty much gone every other weekend for a trip or concert... But I just can't help this feeling that there is something I am missing in doing all of that.

Maybe my wanderlust is pounding on the doors of my soul begging for a new adventure, but with the responsibilities of work, bills and commitments I don't see myself just packing a bag, going to the airport and buying a ticket.

Maybe I need more spontaneity in my life?  Maybe I need to find something that fulfills my heart and soul more the repetitive motions of my everyday life?

I am not an overzealous planner, but I rarely throw caution to the wind...  Maybe I need to pick one and try that out for awhile.

Maybe I need to stop working to live and just live life.  Cleanse myself of material items and get back to the simplicity of a good life.  I don't need a new pair of boots or an iPhone 6.  Maybe I just need a worn in 2nd hand book, a quiet day and self reflection.   I need to tap into my creativity and worry less about being perfect and embrace my quirks that I have been ignoring in the last few months.



No comments:

Post a Comment