Monday, February 9, 2015

Weekend Recap and February Goals

Wowzers, I cannot believe we already at the 9th of February, which in itself is a short month.  January flew by, and I have to admit I was pretty crappy with my January goals, but that is neither here nor there.  First I want to update y'all on my weekend, which seemed pretty damn full.

Friday night I left work a little late and I had decided I was going to head to Big Bear for the Gin Blossoms (Yes, the actual Gin Blossoms, not a cover band... Minus one Doug Hopkins from the drama that was thrown down in the 90's.  He was kind of an amazing songwriter... Just google "Angels Tonight" and thank Ace for introducing it to me and me to you).  Taylor, or as I refer to her, "Gimp Along Cassidy" (hip surgery) came with me.  We hauled butt up there to make it by 7:30 pm only to get stuck behind stupid ski traffic.  Seriously, if you can't drive in the mountains use the turn outs for the love of god!  We made it a little after 7:30 pm only to find that they actually did have a band opening for them.  Anderson Hall is a local band that seemed familiar and turned out to be pretty good.

The Gin Blossoms finally started around 9 pm.  The place wasn't packed, but had a pretty good crowd.  They played their biggest hits of the 90's, which had "GAC" saying "I didn't know this was them!" quite a few times.  It also made me miss the 90's... But only a little bit.  Not like I want to go back or anything...  I may or may not have gotten a little teary eyed over "Until I Hear It From You" and "Follow You Down".  They closed the show with "Hey Jealousy"(which is basically one of the best songs ever) and falling confetti.  I mean, who doesn't love confetti?!?!?!  Of course I tweeted a picture which had me retweeted by the Gin Blossoms and they are also now following me...  I guess I have made it big in the Twitter world.



After the concert I headed over to a Big Bear bar to wish a friend happy birthday.  It is awesome how small the mountain can be sometimes.  I have to admit I was too sober for the shenanigans going down, but it was nice to hang out with some ladies I rarely ever see, let alone in a town or two over.

  
Saturday morning I met up with one of my besties, Amanda, for a quick bite and catch up.  We haven't seen each other in what feels like ages and it was nice to catch up.

Sunday found me with laundry and a Netflix binge. BBC miniseries have a tendency to pull me in... Kind of like those smut novels I read.  I started out watching "North and South" on Saturday night, but only got through the first episode of the 4 part miniseries so naturally I had to rewatch episode 1 and finish the series....  Me and 19th century love stories are like Pringles- once you pop the fun don't stop!  I became slightly obsessed with the miniseries- enough to order the book and DVD so I always have it.  I have problems!  

Second miniseries I finished was "Death Comes To Pemberley" which of course all about Darcy and Elizabeth.  I have to admit I hated the cast with exception of Wickham's character being played by Matthew Goode ("Chasing Liberty").  I think I was so highly disappointed because "Pride and Prejudice" is one of my all time favorites and how dare any one change the way Darcy and Elizabeth are!  

I was in bed and fast asleep by 10:30 pm.  I really need to go to bed earlier, which brings me to February's goals!

-Continue with the Green Drink from Chef V (detailed post coming later this week).
- Budget out Canada this summer.
- Up my exercise.
-Take a week off from drinking, just because.

Also, don't forget that Fridays in February are filled "With Love" link ups!  



Kristie's Blue Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment