Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Thank You, Mom and Dad

I have to something to say- which isn't weird, because as a blogger I always have something to say.

Thank you Mom and Dad for everything you have done for me.  I can't imagine not having the two of you as parents.  I know we have had our ups and downs and struggles, but that is life and I learned that best from the two of you.

Thank you for letting me make my own mistakes, for taking the time to teach me to read and write, ride a bike, swim, dance and play outside.  I know it wasn't easy and that you made sacrifices, but you made me a well rounded kid who turned into a well rounded adult who loves a nice hotel as much as a campfire under the stars.

Thank you for the vacations.  I can't imagine what it must have been like for the kids who never went anywhere, because their parents were working.  I had traveled so many miles by the time I graduated from high school and I still hold the hunger for travel.  It is because of the two of you that I want to see the world through my own eyes, experience different cultures and meet new people.  You both taught me that those experiences are the most life changing and rewarding.  I will always have an appreciation for roadside taco stands and Indian jewelry and pottery.  Exploring some of the most impressive spots of the Southwest and Northwest I did with you and they are memories I will always cherish.

Thank you for putting my health first, for the vaccines, doctor's appointments, eye appointments, dental appointments and every other appointment you took to me to ensuring my health was good.  I wouldn't have been as active and healthy if it were not for your care.  I might have ended up blind with bad teeth, but you took an interest to make sure I was healthy.

Thank you for giving me two sisters, who I love and wouldn't be complete without.  We fight, bicker and probably still drive you insane as adults, but without each other we never would have learned the true values of family and forging friendships with others.

Thank you for doing the best you could with what you had.  I never look back at my childhood and wish things were different.  We had hard times, but I never really knew the extent of them because you managed parenting so well.  I know I am smart and brave because of the things you have taught me and I know I will make it though this life happy and whole because I had you as parents, so thank you for raising me and loving me and disciplining me and making me the best version of me I can be.

Forever,
The Middle One

No comments:

Post a Comment