Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thirsty Thursday- Whiskey Float

It is no surprise that like a nice strong cocktail from time to time..  Not as often I used to, but enough that I like to create my own recipes.  Especially cocktails containing whiskey or vodka.  I will not turn down rum and tequila, they just are not front runners in my world.  Seeing as how much I love a good drink, it should be no surprise that I decided to join Kristin over at Hopelessly Ever After and Lisa at Showered With Design for a little cocktail recipe .  


Hopelessly Ever After



My current favorite thing to drink is whiskey and cream soda.  In order to get the smoothest tasting drink, you need a fine whiskey- think Jameson not Jack, although I do love Jack.  The cream soda has to be A&W brand, nothing else will cut it.  I pour one part whisky to 2 parts soda over crushed ice topped with whipped cream for what I term The Whiskey Float.  Simply turn it into a shot by shaking with a dollop of whipped cream. It is quite tasty and comforting at the same time.



Next Thursday I will be starting up the "Third Thursday Travel" link up.  I am really excited about this link up because it is only once a month and you can post anything about travel!  If you are interested in co-hosting please send me an email at kristaketterhagen@gmail.com.  


Kristie's Blue Jeans

No comments:

Post a Comment