Tuesday, January 6, 2015

No That Wasn't A Gray Hair... It Was White!

I know I am getting older.  It is in inevitable and guess what?  I really don't have a problem with it.

It seemed I woke up on my 28th birthday last year and tiny wrinkles around my eyes had appeared overnight.  It wasn't a big deal to me... I have been a suntanned water baby my entire life which meant those wrinkles were going to appear.  I was mostly surprised that it took so long.

What I wasn't prepared for was the first white hair, not gray but WHITE, coming out of my crown.  I did what every mother, aunt and grandmother tell you to NEVER do... I plucked that little sucker right out.  I had forgotten about it.  Thought it was a fluke.  I mean I wasn't really going to have gray hair before thirty... No way, now how...

My hair has other thoughts on the matter.

Last week, New Year's Eve to be exact, I decided to take a gander at my hair, because who doesn't want to drive themselves insane by scouring their head for gray?  You know what I found?  Two more white hairs, one in each temple, in the exact location either side.  How is this possible?  Am I going to be able to play Mrs. Claus by the time I am 40?  I can deal with it.. As long as it doesn't start falling out.

I want to assure y'all that I am not having a mental breakdown or freaking out, instead I am totally laughing about this.  I mean there is no way to stop aging.  Gray hair or white, will happen and that is why hair dye was invented, after all.

Time to make a hair appointment!

Have you found grays yet?  How are you dealing with it?

 photo snowsignature.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment