Friday, October 3, 2014

I Can't Live Without It...

It seems like people love asking mind boggling questions, such as "what three things would you take on a deserted island?"  "Who would you save first?" and the ever dreaded, "what is one thing you can't live without?"

Here is my question, are we getting philosophically deep here or just vapid and shallow where I can respond with, "oh my conditioning mask, because hello, no more dry and brittle ends on my mane!"?  Then I read Helene's post and I realized that music is my thing too!

I cannot go a day without some form of tunes in my ear.  There is no possible way!  I have traveled far and wide just to say that I have been to this concert or that concert, in fact at 12 noon I am headed out for Route 91 Harvest in Vegas.

Music can bring me out of a funk or put me into one.  It tells the stories of my heart, my thoughts and my roots.  It is everlasting and unites people from all different places , cultures, religions and races.  It's unity (unless of course you were Tupac or B.I.G., but that is a different story not so much rooted in music but in turf wars) and it is grace.

Music influences attitudes and awakens parts of the soul other wise thought dormant.

I cannot imagine a day without music- it just makes the world brighter even if it is a desperate rhapsody.


Helene in Between Blogtober

  photo cheerio.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment