Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Hello Wednesday!

Good day to y'all.  It is Wednesday, which can only mean one thing- a confession link up with Miss Bella!

So much has been going on in my world, but I have to admit I feel at a slight stalemate.  I often look at my life and wonder where I would be if I took different paths.  I love my family and I love my job, but as human nature would have it, I often wonder if I am where I am supposed to be.

No, I am talking about doing anything crazy like quitting my job or moving, but I wonder what it would be like.  I have often been asked if I feel stuck in my position at work and the answer is no.  I have amazing benefits and make good money which in turn allows me to travel and I know I have a little bit of gypsy in me and I need to travel... Yes it is a need, deep down in my soul.

I don't necessarily want any type of do overs, but sometimes I wonder if I am weak for not taking the risks I so longingly want to take.  I know the value of a dollar and I am not ready to walk away from steady and stable into an uncertain territory.  I have been with my job for almost 8 years, so perhaps it is just a  belated 7 year itch.  Or maybe I seek the grand adventures of life, but fear and failure lurk constantly at my door.

I guess what I am really looking for is the vibrancy of life, but I have to remember that every day I wake up and get to experience the beauty of life I get the vibrancy too.  I think my heart is just longing to travel and be in the serenity of nature in a place I feel at home but is far from home.  I know I have my big Canada trip coming up, but I think I need more.  Unfortunately the only more I will be getting is a weekend trip here and there until Canada comes about.  I just have to hold out and look back on the places I have already been.

What ways do you calm your gypsy soul when she shouts it is time to go?

Confessions
 photo 2af5a650-c916-47a4-ab47-49116f0dc332.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment