Thursday, March 27, 2014

To Make Suitcase Weight Or Not....


As I sit here making my list for my tropical getaway that is coming up here in the next two weeks I have to laugh at the list of items I want to take but know that I won’t need them.  I am also laughing about the things I am going to bring to the “paradise” locale I am going.  On one hand the complete irrational girl in me is on my left shoulder saying “Don’t forget the blow dryer, the curling iron, the straighter, and 4 things of hair products.  All summer dresses and multiple sandals.”  While the rational traveler on my right shoulder is saying, “it’s warm there, how much do you really need a pair of jeans?  Yes bring one maxi dress, but mostly shorts and capris and don’t forget sunblock, bug spray and tennis shoes.”  Ugh!

Here is what my list looks like thus far-
capris
tank tops
tankini
baseball hat
maxi dress
swim covers
beach towel
bug spray
sunscreen
after sun lotion
toothbrush/paste
shampoo/ conditioner

Not too bad if I may say so.  However, anyone who knows me, knows that I should have started this list last month and that I am bound to over pack if I don't get my head out of my butt and start looking at what I really need.

Going to another country has me thinking that I had better be prepared for every single situation that could potentially come my way, while I also know better.  After all, when I headed to Cozumel 8 years ago I brought my own bottled water, fruit snacks and granola bars (this was before the strict regulations on suitcase weight)  Blame it on my parents and their disaster preparedness attitudes.  I also have my boss saying I just need a swimsuit, beach towel and sunblock.  Decisions, decisions.  Either way, this time in two weeks I will have been in tropical paradise and I don't need much more than what my boss suggests.  That and the fact that I have significantly downsized on my suitcase size (oops- that was a stupid idea)  Here's to hopefully packing light!


What would you or have you taken on a tropical getaway?
 photo 2af5a650-c916-47a4-ab47-49116f0dc332.jpg
 photo Untitled3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment