Friday, February 21, 2014

I need prayers!




I don't really know where to start, but that amazing woman in that picture with me is my aunt. I've called her Sissy my entire life and she is one of my absolute favorite people in my life. She needs a lot of prayers and thoughts and good energy right now. Actually we all do.

Sissy is the aunt who would let me have a sleep over after a shopping spree at Toys R Us for play dough, Legos and coloring books.

She gave me my first trashy romance novel.

She taught me how to tweeze my eyebrows.

She would do make overs with me.

She showed me that a woman can do any job a man does.

She let me know consistently that family is all you really need.

She taught me about the movie classics and the greats.... Davis, Garbo, Grant, etc.

She taught me how to float in her spa.

She defended me when I said I didn't necessarily ever want to be married or have kids.

She encouraged me to travel and to live life.

Most importantly, she showed me how to be the best aunt.

I'm not ready to say goodbye to any of that just yet. I still need her soft voice and the light in her eyes when she sees me being the aunt that she taught me to be.

So please pray, send thoughts and happy vibes because we need her!




No comments:

Post a Comment