Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Death of the DVD Player

I am going to tell you a story.  One that makes me heart cry inside and really pisses me off.

It all started about a month ago when I decided to re-join Netflix.  I had previously cancelled my subscription because I just kept forgetting to watch the DVDs I had rented and felt it was a complete waste of time.  I mean I was already addicted to Bravo and all those man shows (Deadliest Catch, Duck Dynasty, Gold Rush, etc) and I didn't know how I was going to squeeze in the rentals.  That is until I heard about the HBO series "Girls" and decided that I had to see it.

So I re-join Netflix, get all excited to settle in and watch the entire first season (because if I am going to pay for Netflix I am going to pay to get both DVDs at once).  Everything starts out all happy, kinda like a date before he decides to get drunk and ignore you, I get to watch the previews and I am getting all excited and BAM!  The damn DVD player just stops and references the "loading" screen then the TV goes black and says it cannot retrieve the signal from the DVD player...  Which in turn cause outburst of curse words from my mouth.


I start unplugging all those wires and re-plugging them in, there was some DVD player beatings and still.... nothing.  Just a TV of black and the sound of the disc going round and round and round with the laser buzzing.  Sadness and anger descended over me and all I could think was that my stupid DVD player was a whore for not working.

After a few days of going back to that bitch, I finally decided it was time to buy a DVD player.  I was fearful of what it would cost and how soon it could get to me as the DVDs are mocking me everyday, just sitting there, waiting to be played to the best of their abilities.  I went to amazon.com and...
$33.00 and it'll be here Thursday and I can breathe again knowing this weekend I can devote my life to "Girls."

 photo Untitled3.jpg ** As you know, the GIFs are not mine!  Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment