Monday, January 13, 2014

Anti Award Shows

As I check up on weekend occurrences (as mine was filled with cleaning and Disney on ice, not much other excitement) it has been brought to light that the Golden Globes were on last night.

Honestly, I don't care.
I am sure Tina and Amy are annoyed with me, but I don't care!

I don't care what people wore, even though I love fashion.  After awhile the dresses start looking like weird replicas of each other.  

I don't care who won what as it has no immediate bearing on my life.

I don't care who went off what deep end and turned their acceptance speech into some political soap box.

Maybe the award show gene missed me.  Maybe I am too preoccupied with my own life and what the Travel Channel has on rather than watch vapid celebrities get together and pretend to be friends.  So instead of watching, I settled into America Declassified followed by finishing the Once Upon A Time season (as my DVR needs room.  What, I like to store TV shows like I like to store shoes...  Some get worn, some never do!)

I get that they are excited about coming together after working hard on a film or show, but the truth of the matter is this- We all go to work and not all of us get to get our formal on and win awards.  And if you do get to do something like that it is very likely I am jealous of your life as I come to work Monday through Friday and work 8 am to 5 pm and sometimes have to stay later.

I will say this- After going through a few pictures from last night's event, I want to know how in the hell Rachel Zoe gets to be an amazing stylist after wearing this monstrosity?!?!?


Weekend Recap

Weekend Recap brought by Showered with Design and Dateless in Dallas



No comments:

Post a Comment