Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Travel, Love, Live, Let Go

As the year is rapidly coming to a close (less than two weeks, yikes) I wanted to share with you all a few things I am so grateful for this past year-


Travel-  After this past year and the escapades I went on, I am so overwhelmed in finding my passion for travel and seeing new places, broadening horizons and finding bits and pieces of myself while leaving small shards of my heart all across our beautiful country.

Love- Finding that I can still fall in love, even having my heart broken left me feeling more human and less removed from who I am.  I have been so completely shut off from the simplest yet most complex human emotion that I forget how wonderful and painful it can be.


Living- Over time we all find ourselves in mundane life and with travel and love, I found myself actually living not just looking back on photographs and thinking of those times as blurs.  I have learned to be in the moment more and take everything in.  I am working on letting things be and going with the flow more.  Not to say I will give up being a control freak in certain aspects, but I will try to be more at ease with myself.


Letting go- As I grow as a person, I am out growing certain relationships.  That is not to say I don't hold friends dear, but as my life changes I realize I have to let go of things that are not healthy for the paths I want to be taking.

This past year was extremely amusing and adventurous yet traumatic and tumultuous, yet I am looking wholeheartedly forward to the one to come.  I am enjoying the opportunities granted to me and I will be taking full advantage of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment