Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dirty Santas

I want to take you all on a journey.  To a place in my memory that made my life feel like a drunken twenty something movie scene.  This day will forever be known as "Dirty Santa Christmas Eve Shenanigans" and will forever live in my mind as one of the best days with my friends.

We all look back and laugh about this day, but at the time we all were escaping obligations for each other and booze and ended up having one of the best days.

Our parents and families (that knew) were all pissed at us and we were too drunk to care.

We drank, we laughed, we celebrated our friendships together.

No one can every take that away from us.  
The victims of "Dirty Santas"
"Dirty Santa" himself in the form a shot

As I recall, my family did not speak to me on Christmas as they felt that I threw them to the side in order to drink my liver away with friends.  Which was partially true, but in all honesty I still don't see what the big deal was, I was home for Christmas.  We don't "celebrate" on Christmas Eve and I wouldn't trade that day for anything.  Sometimes we need to be irresponsible and fun, especially with our closest and best friends.

I don't believe any of us will be participating in Christmas Eve festivities such as that again, maybe we will.


No comments:

Post a Comment