Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Secret Monstrosity


To some of you who know me well, this may not be that big of a deal.  To everyone else, I apologize in advance and I swear this should NOT change your opinion of me....

I hate Thanksgiving....  No, seriously, I fucking hate Thanksgiving! 
I have nothing to support my hatred, other than the fact that I have a small family and we are together every two- three weeks any way and I am forced into at least one family dinner if not two or more in that time frame... Not to mention every single birthday is just like a Thanksgiving, except with cake and luckily minus the turkey.

Oh and let us not forget the stress induced schizophrenic whirlwind that becomes my mother, seeing as my grandmother and aunt will ultimately tell her nothing is as good as my grandmother makes it...

Since I despise this holiday and find it pointless, here are a few e-cards to make my points come across crystal clear.


I need some sort of prize to justify THIS much time spent with a house full of lunatics who are on any other day half way normal.

I hate turkey...

Perhaps I could get away with lacing the gravy with Prozac.. Now where do I get some Prozac?

'Tis the season and all that jazz...

And yes, I just spewed hatred over a holiday that holds no traditions in my family other than the fact that it is an American holiday.  So here is to booze and football and hopefully peace within our four walls... (I am not kidding, last family get together had everyone fighting over World War II, Jews, Japanese which then turned to Vietnamese and the Vietnam War....  Yikes!)  

Now if you were to ask me what I am thankful I can certainly tell you:
My family
Whiskey
Health
Travel
My job
Wine
My friends
My blog readers
Comments made on my blog.

Hope you enjoy your pie with some whiskey!









No comments:

Post a Comment