Thursday, September 5, 2013

Angel on Earth

I had a completely different post that I had prepared for today, but since I have found out some very sad news about a friend who has been fighting a very long and very hard battle with cancer.  She has been such an inspiration to me and is such a beautiful person, inside and out.  My thoughts and prayers are with her, her wonderful, loving and supportive husband, and both of their families.  I cannot imagine having to make the decision that her husband has had to make, but I believe everything happens for a reason and if she were here she would say something uplifting like "Don't worry you guys, now I can really watch over all of you and make sure you all always have great days."  You see that is the kind of person she was.  Always a sunny disposition, wishing everyone a great day, even though she was fighting for her life with every grain of her being.  

She has truly inspired me to live every day to the fullest, no matter how hurt I feel, tired I am, or cranky, because that is how she lived her life.  She never complained and took every piece of bad news with dignity and every piece of good news as a celebration for the masses.  Her story makes me want to live to be  a better person and never take anything for granted because it can be taken away so fast.  

It is so hard to believe I won't see weekly updates on her and how she is doing or the positive thoughts she would share with the world.  We were not close friends, but we were friends and she will be deeply missed by so many people.  She was the kind of person who made an impression on each and every life she came in contact with.  A truly good soul who will watch over and protect her loved ones with her wings.

I have every intention of ringing a bell for her, although I already know she had her wings here on Earth and blessed everyone who knew her.


No comments:

Post a Comment