Friday, August 9, 2013

Things I've learned from my roadtrip

Here are a few things I've learned on my Southern California to South Dakota roadtrip with my dad.






1. It doesn't matter what time you leave, the most a person can really drive is 15 hours... After that you become impatient/ borderline psychotic.
2. Even if you think you're in the middle of nowhere, hotels WILL be sold out. (Blame is on Murphy's law)
3. You can be the most prepared, seasoned camper but you will sleep in the car in the event of a storm with 50+ mph winds and golf ball sized hail followed by torrential downpours.
4. A hotel room midtrip is a fantastic idea. Your companion and your personal sanity will thank me for this recommendation.
5. Never have your heart set on any particular place or sight as these dreams will be crushed like a bug by weather conditions, cranky companions and your desire for your own bed.
6. There is no point in bringing more than two pairs of jeans and four shirts, as literally every campground has a laundromat and every town has at least one Walmart.
7. If you are allergic to anything, be sure to have Benadryl on hand to be sure you don't die. Chewing up a liquid Benadryl is better than death by beesting.

All in all it was a fantastic trip and I can't wait to get photos of my adventure uploaded. Have a fantastic Friday and weekend lovelies!


Xox
K

No comments:

Post a Comment