Monday, July 1, 2013

Not so Happy Monday

I am not feeling it today and I don't think the day is going to get much better. 

First off, my heart and thoughts go out the families and friends of the 19 heroes know as "Hot Shots" out of Prescott, Arizona.  These men are true heroes.  Living in an area that is affected by wildfires I appreciate the work and dedication these heroes have for saving communities.  This hits even closer to home after learning one of the young men lost was a close friend to a friend of mine.  It just goes to show how small of a world we live in and how fast life can be taken away.  Please say a prayer for the hurt these family and friends are going through.

Secondly, it has been terribly hot here and it is making me just downright cranky!  That and things just are not falling into place the way I want.  For a semi control freak this just doesn't work out.  I think I need a nice long vacation in the tropics with multiple umbrella drinks.  A nice long unplugged week to recharge and re-evaluate life.  I don't know about you, but I get this way every couple of months.  Must be the cancer astrological sign! 

Thirdly, it is FINALLY July which means an entire month of celebrating my birthday!  Woo hoo bamboombtasticall!  I love birthdays, I love cake, I love presents and I love that I do it for an entire month.  I don't think I will ever be one of those people who all of a sudden resents getting older and refuses to celebrate.  I think we need to rejoice in the lessons learned and the fact that we are still living. 

That is all I have for today.  I apologize that it isn't super fun or full of pictures, but honestly I am just not into it today.  Maybe Zumba tonight will kick me out of this funk.

No comments:

Post a Comment