Tuesday, April 30, 2013

National Honesty Day....

I read on Yahoo's Shine that today is National Honesty Day, so for the sake of falling into this "trap" I will share a few so-called secrets with y'all.

1.  I have MASSIVE anxiety.  Like SUPER bad anxiety.  Most especially when I have to go to some sort of public place.  I don't know why this happens, as there was no poignant moment of my life to cause such anxiety.  I bascially tell myself to suck it up and deal with it.

2.  I say a prayer everytime the plane takes off.  I know that car accidents kill more people, but for some reason being in a plane and not being in control scares the living hell out of me.  I always say a prayer and ask my grandpa Jay to watch over me.

3.  I like fruit in my beer, because well, I don't really like beer.  I guess the shocker here is that I don't like beer?  But seriously, fruit in beer is AHHmazing.  I typically use lemons or strawberries.

4.  I am the complete opposite of OCD.  I have really bad habits when it comes to cleaning the house.  Like a couple weeks before vaccumming or dusting type of terrible habits.

5.  9 years late and I STILL wear my retainer almost ngihtly.  My dentisit says this is good, I say it's good, but somehow I find this slightly embarassing and juvenile.

6.  My biggest fear is failure which in itself is causing me to fail.  What if I am not good enough?  What if I can't?  What if people judge?  I really need to get over myself and just go do things.  Like finishing school...  That dreaded bachelor's degree hangs over my head, most especially when Grandma come to visit.

I know people have bigger secrets and bigger struggles, but what if we all shared them and got the support we need to overcome these obstacles?  Or what if they just don't matter as much as a person thinks they do?  It might make for a few more smile at the local coffee shop.  I guess what I am trying to say is don't let fear cloud who you are, shine brightly and be you, because guess what, we are only given one life with no gurantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment