Thursday, April 4, 2013

My guide to packing.


I have to admit that I have quite a serious anxiety stress issue when it comes to packing clothing for any type of trip or clothing change. One would think by the way I act and lash out that I am packing to go traveling across the world and all I can take is what I've placed in my trusty suitcase. This isn't the case for me; I get sweaty, nervous and anxious just trying to plan an outfit for an after work date. The same occurs for a weekend trip or a two week vacation. I'm not entirely sure I must seek help for this self diagnosed condition, but have a found a few methods works for me and I want to share them with the world. (Disclaimer these tricks work for me, so hopefully they will help you.)


#1. Check the weather of your destination for the days you'll be there. I prefer using www.noaa.gov

                                                        
#2. Start your list. I prefer to create a list then create the outfits per day on the list as seen below. Once you have your days set, add miscellaneous items such as your hair dryer, toiletries, etc.
                                                         


#3. Set outfits out by day before packing to be sure these are the items you want to bring/wear on those days.  If you are unsure, add a couple extra shirts that are versatile and can be worn with jeans, shorts and skirts that are packed to go with you.
                                                   

#4. Gather your miscellanous items, such as your hair dryer, curling iron, hats, cosmetics, toiletries, etc and take an evaluation of what you REALLY have to take with you.  I cannot tell you how many times I have insisted on taking a straightener to never actually use it on my trip. Same with cosmetics- I prefer eye shadow palettes for travelling.  Two faced makes some great combinations, my go to palette for eyes is their Natural Eye.  It's great and has 9 different shadows to create shimmer, glamour or the neutral "I'm not wearing make-up" look.

                                                   


#5. Now it is time to begin packing!  I like to pack my shoes on the very bootom of the suitcase, but everyone is different.  Group your outfits by day and pack accordingly, with the first day you are there on the very top.  This prevents outfit confusion.  Not sure about you, but I am an unpacker once I get to my destination which helps immensely in outfit organization.




I hope this helps y'all out and wherever life leads you, enjoy the travels!

Xox
K

No comments:

Post a Comment