Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Simply Smile

This week has started out rough and I am not really seeing the end in sight.  I thought to myself, why don't you think about the little things that put a smile on your face daily.  I won't even begin to tell you that sunshine and rainbows and a few sparkles is all it takes, but they really help a girl out of her blues.  I have out together a list of ten things that make me smile the moment I see them.

1. shabby chic coffee mug- I got this pretty cup at Target a few months back. As a caffeine addict, I adore it's size and as a person who is a complete klutz I appreciate the raised dots all over and the giant handle. I like to pretend it helps me keep a good hold on the cup... But I have spilled anyways.



2. Heirloom ruby ring- my grandma had the original stone replaced with a ruby as it's my birthstone. This ring is from the "old country" of Yugoslavia where my great grandmother was from. She brought it to the United States when she came over in the 1900's. I don't wear it often for fear I will damage or lose it. To know it's an actual family heirloom and was saved even in tones of destitution makes my heart smile.


3. The cutest munchkins- I love these two kids more than words. I didn't know how much kids can really bring to a person's life. I thank my sister every day for blessing my life with them.


4. Taro fro-yo- ohhhh my lord is this flavor the BEST! It's hot a creamy buttery fruit flavor to it. I have only been able to find it at Nubi yogurt and only as a last resort if they run out of popular flavors. I like to but a couple cups and hide them in the freezer.


5. My sisters- We love each other MOST days. No matter how badly we fight, I know they will always have my back. They've been there from the beginning of time and always will be there.



6. Memes- when the meme craze hit I wasn't too sure what the heck was going on... Now I love them!!! I especially love the lame but oh do hilarious Duck Dynasty ones as well as anything to do with cowboys or lumber jacks. Me and the bearded fellow have a tendency to go back and forth with them. And true story... I kinda heart a big scruffy lumberjack-esque dude.


7. New tube of mascara- My oh my how I love ripping the package of a new tube of mascara open. The brush is so clean and creates flawless lash coverage. I love it so much that I replace my mascara at least every two months. My recent love is Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 hour in blackest black. AMMMMMAAAAAZING!!!!


8. Wearing a dress- there is something about wearing a dress. Maybe it's the flirty girlie-ness about it or the polish and poise? Whatever it is, I love to put on a nice fitting dress and own being a girl! I don't wear them as often as I should but I have a closet full of them. As much as I love as seasons, I'm craving summer so I can wear a dress everyday.


9. My parents- I love love love them. They have a great relationship and would truly do anything for anyone of us. They have held each other up in the darkest of times. I'm so grateful for everything they do for me, every single day.



10. Luke Bryan snow-globe- "Shh... Luke Bryan I can't shake it right now, I'm blogging!" I love this little piece of paradise. I got in Nashville last fall. Actually, it was more or less a forced issue (thanks Mere!) and every time I see it, I am reminded of the great time and memories made and the not so awesome but hilarious to think back on moments. Thanks Meredith and Chris for the fabulous time.



No comments:

Post a Comment