Wednesday, October 31, 2018

No Spend November

No Spend November is upon us, well "me" more specifically.  I have elected to go hardcore on the whole "no spend" thing this month.  The entire premise is to not spend money unless it was pre- planned or for a Christmas gift for someone else.

"No spend" months are pretty easy, although they feel difficult at the time.  I can only buy absolute necessities, think toilet paper and groceries.  Yes it will be tricky with Black Friday and Thanksgiving, but I am holding myself accountable.

I do have two events planned, but both should be low on the money spent.  One is for a concert where the hotel room and ticket was paid for back in August.  The other is a Shop and Sip party I am hosting, BUT that doesn't mean I have to spend any money other than on snacks and a couple of bottle of wine... Hello Aldi!

I have also put myself on a budget for Christmas gifts.  I have done this in years past and it takes a lot of the stress out of Christmas shopping.  Plus, when you spread Christmas gifts out across multiple pay periods it is much easier to stay on budget and on track.  Did you know that Americans spend approximately $1000 at Christmastime, regardless of whether their income increase or not?  I don't know about y'all, but I don't get a Christmas bonus so that number is out of control for me!

How are you budgeting out Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment