Friday, August 24, 2018

I Wish I Was Trendy

Let's be honest, some of us are born with an eye for fashion, others learn, and some do not.  While I won't say I am a mom jean, sweater vest wearing person; I will say I have gotten lazy in the fashion department.  Classic fashion staples are items I have always leaned toward- little black dresses?  I have about 10 of them.  Flannels?  Yep, there's probably 25 in my closet.  Figure flattering boot cut Levis?  There are approximately 16 pairs on my shelf... and don't get me started on black pumps, wedges, or boots....  While I love a good heel or wedge they just don't apply to my life that much anymore.... Man I miss my stilettos on a Friday night!

While browsing through Pinterest the other night I have realized I have a strong opinion on a few high fashions statements traveling the internet currently that I am obviously going to share with y'all.

Jumpsuits/ Rompers- Ok so here is the deal, some of these are SUPER cute, some are not.  For me, I love an adorable summer romper on a lady, but personally I cannot wear one.  I am too long-waisted.  The romper rides up so hello wedgies!  In a perfect world companies would design a "tall" aka long-waisted romper.

Loafer Slides- While I love a good pair of clogs and I like the aesthetics of a loafer, I just cannot get into loving the loafer slide trend that is currently hitting the racks.  I am not entire sure what it is about the shoe, but I find them sloppy looking.

Crop Tops- Midriff bearing tops have always seemed so 90's to me, but not in a good way.  The good parts of the 90's were the platforms, little purse backpacks, plaid skirts with knee high socks (talk about a look that needs to return!).  There is just something about a crop top that looks like you are trying too hard.  Again this is just my personal taste here, you wanna rock the crop top- you rock that damn crop top.


On the other hand, I am loving the kimono look, the maxi dress with a jean jacket look, the platform sneakers, and I really love the off shoulder tops that are circulating the internet lately.

What is one trend you love to hate or just love?





No comments:

Post a Comment