Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Tinder Ever After

On Sunday I had the immense joy of marrying two of the sweetest people I have met.  This couple was everything laid back and mellow, yet ecstatic and joyful in getting married.  The only guests were the kiddos and the mountain sunset was completely picturesque with a slight breeze and plenty of sunshine.  Laughter, love and happy tears were the only emotions and let me tell you, it was more than enough.

The happy, giddy, bubbly love, laughter and happiness I get to witness is what keeps me saying "yes" to being an ordained minister, but more than that are the stories of how these adorably happy couples met and just knew they were meant forever.

I have married people who were co-workers, people who met through mutual friends, and yes, I have married people who have met from a simple Tinder swipe to the right.  Now I have two Tinder couples under my belt and it gives a renewed faith into what is deemed a "hook up " app for your phone.

While I absolutely abhor Tinder, it is nice to see people really are finding their forever mates on this app.  It says something about our society, that even though we have become self centered and busy, people are still searching for love.  Perhaps we have more in common with the men of the frontier writing classified ads for brides than we ever realized.


No comments:

Post a Comment