Thursday, June 21, 2018

Life Is Weird

I can't believe I let another month slip away without being around these parts.  In all fairness, life threw a few curve balls my way, but I am taking it in stride.  It seems like that always happens, right?  You get back into a routine then the universe laughs at you and throws another something on to your plate, whether or not you are prepared for it.

Memorial Day weekend my grandmother went into the hospital and sadly, she didn't make it home.  Quite honestly, I am doing ok.  We had a good moment together the Sunday before she passed and I was grateful she wasn't in pain in passing.  Her passing has thrown my family into a whirlwind of back and forth trips to Phoenix and let me say, that is the BIGGEST curve ball of them all.

While I love to travel, Phoenix isn't a special place for me.  It is where I had to say good bye to my grandpa and aunt, before my grandmother passed.  There is a stress and sadness that overcomes me in having to go back there.  On one hand, once the property is sold I will no longer have Phoenix as an Albatross around my neck.  On the other hand, so many weekends and vacations were spent trekking across the desert, because "that is what family does" where good and bad memories were made.

Life is weird and for lack of a better quote, I feel a little more in-tune with Ferris Bueller's "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it" quote these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment