Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Strait To Vegas Recap

Last September/ October time George Strait announced he was returning for special weekend engagements in Las Vegas.  Naturally my sister and I jumped at the opportunity to go see the King of Country again...  Yes we saw him at the MGM in 2012 then we flew all the way to Texas to see him when he announced he wasn't going to tour anymore.  Many mistook that for his retirement tour, but really it was him saying I am not stopping, but I am also not hoping on a tour bus and plane every other night.

Saturday morning we hit the road for "Strait To Vegas" in our custom made tank tops (dorky, but so fitting).  We arrived and drank Saturday away... Seriously, time goes by so freaking fast in Vegas.  I don't know how and I don't know why, but it does.


After countless beers and lots of laughs, we headed over to the brand new T Mobile arena for some George.  This place is wasn't built with customer satisfaction in mind, but more of "cram 'em in and give them booze".  There were seriously only about 15 stalls in the women's restroom.  The men's must have been seriously lacking as well, because the men's line was longer, yes I said longer, than the women's.  It was straight up ridiculous.

Kacey Musgraves opened for George and if you haven't seen her in concert, please search out tickers immediately.  She is so good and absolutely adorable in her "Dime Store Cowgirl" get up.  Not to mention, her lyrics are totally off the wall and yet touching.

George was amazing...  He looked happy and relaxed and genuinely seemed thrilled for his engagement in Vegas.  The square shaped stage had George moving around so I don't think there was a bad seat in the arena.  I can honestly say that I would see him again, because every time I see him is different from the last and is truly an entertainer for the crowds.


I would say "Strait To Vegas" was successful and so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment