Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Girls Weekend

This weekend was by far one of the craziest, busiest and most fun ones I have had in a long, long time.

Friday night I went to Big Bear to see Hal Ketchum in concert.  He is old school country and the very first country artist I fell in love with.  Well not him, but his music.  "Past The Point Of Rescue" was and still is one of my very favorite songs.  I credit it with my love for country music.  The crowd was mostly "blue" hairs, which brings me to a very valid and somewhat bitchy point...  If you are old and cannot enjoy a concert, people singing along and visiting with their party perhaps you should not attend.  I have noticed this in the past few months at different concerts and it has me hoping and praying I don't age into a cranky asshole.

Saturday I finally got my hair done and ran some much needed errands.  The weather was so hot though.  This girl cannot dig almost 90 degrees in February.  It made me bitter there wasn't rain and 40 degree temps.  I survived and was rested up enough for Jen to come up and join myself and my friend, Kristal, for a weekend full of shenanigans.  I don't think I have laughed that hard ina  long time.

Sunday had us slightly hungover and in need of exercise.  We wanted to hike to Heart Rock, but everyone and their dang mom was hiking to Heart Rock... How cliche, on Valentine's Day!  We opted for a lake laps and got lots of fresh air and enjoyed stretching out our legs from killer bar squats.  After a  relaxing lunch, Jen and Kristal hit the road.  I can't wait for the three of us to have another weekend like this but this time in Jen's area.

Monday found me SUPER lazy and loaded down with laundry.  I got all caught up and was kind of ready to be at work... Sick, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment