Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Social Media

Sometimes social media can be such a great thing...  Other times, it is as if social media has the power to rip your heart out and blend it up with Jack Daniels for an after dinner cocktail.

Morbid, but very true.

It may seem a little weird, but sometimes I truly hate social media,  I know, I know, I am a blogger therefore I should be a fully supportive being in the terms of social media.  Honestly, I just can't bring myself to be there.

I mean if you can pour over pictures of an ex with his new squeeze, relive moments you'd rather forget or have to read the tweet of the guy you thought you were semi seeing why in the hell would you support it?

The things I love about social media are pretty simple.

I love connecting with old friends and family.

I love seeing my friends and their families, especially those who have moved far away.

I love being able to feel like I know exactly what is going on with my favorite bands and bloggers.

I love meeting new people from all over the world.

I love the little blog community I find myself as part of.

All in all I have good experiences with social media, but that isn't to say I haven't had completely horrible moments..

Like when I discovered I wasn't the only girl a guy was dating a few years back.

Or when I realized that it was time to get back to the gym after an unflattering photo.

How about that time that I lost over 10 friends for my political stance?

Social media can be an extremely tricky place to hang out so here are my tips:

Don't over share.

Be supportive, not annoying.

No one likes a vague status.

Keep your relationship to the real world.

With these you might be able to enjoy social media a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment