Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Storybook Fall

There is something so final about Labor Day and it makes me feel as if it is the last holiday of the year.  It really isn't, I mean I live for November and December and the holidays upon holidays of those months.  Maybe it is because it is like saying good bye to summer, but even that feels wrong.  Summer in the Southwest aka Southern California goes year round sometimes.

Labor Day also signals it is time for fall decor, football, hot apple cider, leaves changing colors, crisp air and pumpkin patches.  All of these things make a perfect story book fall to me.  However, there is that wonderful Southern California weather again that isn't too keen on making for a storybook fall and has me longing for destinations that are beautifully fall.

- Boston- I have always been intrigued with the fall colors of the East Coast along with the rich history just screams "perfect fall" to me.  Salem is near by and you can brush up on your Salem Witch Trial history while there.

- Nashville-  I was fortunate enough to spend five days in Nashville during the fall of 2012 and let me tell you it was absolutely gorgeous.  I think my favorite part was visiting The Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's plantation) with all of the trees changing colors.  If you ever get the chance, Nashville in the fall is the perfect place in my book.  

- Montana-  I drove through the corner of Montana on a bender in November of 2013.  It was absolutely gorgeous and the weather perfect (it then snowed the night and next day).  The colors were perfectly golden.  I have since wanted to trek back and enjoy more time in the Montana fall.

So while some of you are enjoying crisp weather and leaves changing, please snapchat those images over to me and know that I am extremely jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment