Thursday, August 6, 2015

How I Survive Summer Heat

While it seems like so many are getting ready for fall, over here in Southern California we are still suffering the effects of triple digit temperatures every other week.  Don't get me wrong I love summer, but it can really wear a girl out.  Especially when I realize how brutal the summer temperatures, sunshine, wind and chlorine can be on my hair, skin and overall appearance.  I hate looking sweaty and disheveled,

Summer is also REALLY hard on my hair as I constantly change my hair color up in the summer months.  This past year I went blonde and not just blonde, but SUPER blonde for summer, which means I am constantly getting it done to prevent roots (currently I am going on 8 weeks, but that is neither here nor there).  I tend to scour Pinterest for ideas and came across Madison Reed hair products.  Although I have yet to purchase anything from Madison Reed, I have found hair color inspiration in their easy to use "Hair Dye Advisor" and have taken examples to my hair lady (whom I love and adore and I am so grateful for).



I figured I should share my summer hair care secrets with y'all.

1- I wash my hair every 3-5 days and do not blow dry in the summer months.  I do this to avoid breakage and damage.  I air dry and will curl (after applying keratin heat protectant) the days after wash/air dry day.

2- I change my shampoo up.  I have blonde shampoos (John Frieda and OGX) keratin ones (CHI) and moisturizing masks (L'Oreal)

3-  CHI Keratin Silk Infusion  is my go to prior to any heat styling.  I love the silkiness and lack of frizz after using this product.

4- When my hair starts to feel greasy at the scalp I use Bumble Bumble Dry Shampoo.

5- If you are ever in doubt over your hair, just remember a braid,a messy pony tail, or a hat can be your BFF!

Nothing drives me nuts more than having dry and brittle hair and I have found that using the right moisturizing products, especially for color treated hair, has helped me maintain glossy, healthy locks.






No comments:

Post a Comment