Monday, July 7, 2014

Just say- CHEESE!!!!

Well it only took one holiday weekend to completely throw me off of my blog every day in July challenge.  I suck at life and frankly, sometimes I am completely ok with that.  That is the great thing about blogging- it is always here for me when I need/want to come back and it's the only "relationship" I feel completely ok with putting on hold.

Anyways... Today's prompt from the lovely ladies is "Things That Make You Smile" and honestly my past weekend made me smile the mostest (which also helps out with Bella and Lisa's Weekend Recap).  It was seriously one for the record books and one that I will not soon forget.

I love the 4th of July and with exception to the year I fell into a boat and jacked up my ankle, they have all been pretty good, but this was by far the best.  I love living in the mountains and having that small town vibe and the festivities of the 4th make it all that much better.

Thursday night was a good night with my family and friends.  I did drink too much and mix that with the exhaustion of the week and I pretty much fell asleep standing up at the bar.  I don't remember the car ride home and I as much as I hate to admit it, I woke up in my clothes.  Yes it was a great start to my holiday weekend.

Friday found me relaxing and catching up on sunshine and tv.  I almost was tempted enough into going to Arrowhead for the fireworks, but I knew it was going to be a freaking zoo as it was also the 40th anniversary of the fireworks.  I was actually legitimately fine staying home as I prepared for the party Crestline's Jamboree Days was going to be.

I don't think people were quite prepared for the party Candice and I bring with us.  It was so much fun to do what I would like to refer to as the "tourist" thing.  We hit the bar, the parade, a family gathering, back to the bar, to a BBQ to another BBQ to the bar to fireworks and back to the bar and then home.  I started out around 9:30 am and continued to celebrate until midnight!  At some point there were streamers as sweatbands, too many pitchers of beer and at some point or lots of points, dancing.  It was a hot and humid day but it was fun, heck yes it was fun!






Yes, this weekend made me smile and I am sure I will be smiling for awhile, if not laughing at the crazy shenanigans that occurred.  

Allieology

Weekend Recap

 photo 2af5a650-c916-47a4-ab47-49116f0dc332.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment