Thursday, May 1, 2014

Scared of "Salem"!




Have any of you watched the new WGN sereies "Salem" yet?  Sunday was episode two and you can catch up on WGN.

I got really excited to watch this show for two reasons.  The first being the fact that I am a Salem With Hunt nerd, of like, EPIC porportions.  I have always been extremely fascinated by the fact that teenage girls were able to turn a small Purtin town upside down with accusations of witchery and devil worshiping.  It also shows how fast a religious perspective can blur actual facts.  It has always fascinated me that a town could believe something with no concrete evidence and place death sentences on those who declared innocence.  Like I said, I am truly fascinated with it.

He went from this....

The second reason I was really excited to watch it was Shane West was back on TV.  I don't know if y'all remember him from "Once Again", but probably will from "A Walk To Remember".  I don't think he is hot, I just got excited because I thought he had disappeared from Hollywood only to emerge onto "Salem" with a beard that is ever so slightly graying and the looks of a 40 year old man!
To this!

So I get all settled in and excited to watch it and with the first ten minutes I couldn't figure out where in the heck it was going, by twenty- thirty minutes in I was scared and by the end of the hour long show I couldn't wrap my brain around what the hell was happening.  Seriously, think Vampire Diaries meets Van Helsing meets some cheesy 80's horror film with bad special effects!  Shit was intense, I tell ya!  I don't want ruin any of it for anyone thinking about watching it.

Has anyone watched it?  What are your thoughts?  Is anyone else a Salem Witch Hunt and Trial nerd like me?
 photo 2af5a650-c916-47a4-ab47-49116f0dc332.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment