Wednesday, December 4, 2013

OCD and other Bizarre things

The past few days I have been noticing my asinine and somewhat crazy behavior.  Yes we all have insane things we do and guess what I am sharing with y'all today.  I hope you have your seat belts on because it might be a little bit of a crazy ride!

Ok not really that crazy, but you get the idea.

I have to make my bed EVERYDAY!  I get out of the shower and immediately make my bed before doing anything else.  I can't function properly for the rest of the day if my bed is not made.  I sort of panic.  You know who else suffers from this???  Carrie Underwood.  Looks like I was supposed to be a famous country starlet after all.

One day I was home sick watching "Regis and Kelly" (ya I know it is Michale Strahan now, but it was good ol' Reg when I saw this episode) and I diagnosed myself with the same hearing disorder that Kelly suffers from.  It has some super long and awkward name, but basically she wants to punch her husband Mark when he eats because the sound triggers something in the brain...  I suffer from this and have since I was in high school, but it has to do with the pitch of my mom's voice on days when I am tightly wound and I feel like I have to punch her.  No, I have never had a violent outbreak, I just feel like I need to have one.  Some may say it is typical of a teenager, but I am 27 now and I am pretty sure I have whatever Kelly has.

I make lists of lists of lists...  I like lists.  Do I use them or follow them?  Sometimes, but sadly, more often than not, I lose my beloved list and everything on it.  Once the  list is gone, my brain shuts down.  I don't know how to function and that is when buyer's remorse sets in.  Notice that the date on the iPhone list is May 2012?  I never purchased ANY of those patterns...  And what is a  "stretch genie"?  I am concerned I was drunk when I made that list!

If you spend more than 5 minutes on the stationary/ pen aisle, you may have a problem like me!  You can instantly tell a person who uses a pen all day everyday by the way they check out the BICs versus the Papermates at Target.  Sadly, I have been this person since about 8 years old.  I have always loved a new pen and more importantly I have always thoroughly enjoyed choosing said "new" pen.  I am sure this has got to be some sort of affliction, especially if you take into account my ever changing penmanship.  Seriously, it is rare for me to write in the same font every single day.  When I was a sophomore in high school my biology teacher joked that I had a multiple personality disorder when it came to homework.  The only thing I can really draw a conclusion to is my relationship with the pen I am using.


If I hear a new song that I REALLY like, you can guarantee I will become obsessed with it.  For instance, "Wrecking Ball" became the theme of my South Dakota trip because the three of us "came in like a wrecking ball" or so we thought... The Red Shots of Death were pretty much our demise!  That song was on repeat and was randomly belted out.  I am sure everyone just loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment